We use the Post Office Address File (PAF) for this service.
The Royal Mail PAF database contains all known UK addresses and Postcodes. Your data should be screened against PAF on a regular basis to ensure you maintain your database and any new prospect lists you want to mail.
There are more than 28 million addresses available, making corrections and appending extra information where the record you have is incorrect or incomplete.
Amends and additions can include:
- Correcting instances where the town or county has been spelt incorrectly.
- Ensuring towns, counties & postcodes are in fixed fields.
- Providing a Delivery Point Suffix (DPS) enabling the generation of a Mail sort barcode for larger mailings.
- Data can be output in several formats, for example splitting building names and the first line of the address into separate fields.
- Correctly addressed records will save money on undeliverable mail and the associated staff costs of dealing with returned items.