Did you know that business data decays at a rate of 37% per annum and up to 67% of UK B2B mailings contain errors?
For all those that don’t know, data cleansing is the process of detecting and removing inaccurate records from a database and correcting or deleting any ‘dirty’ data. This process is extremely vital for a company as more often than not a lack of concise, up to date information has the potential to threaten customer and seller relationships, and ultimately can be damaging to your business in the long-term.
Effects data decay have on your databases:
· Missing Data: empty fields that should contain data
· Wrong or Inaccurate data: information that hasn’t been entered correctly or maintained
· Inappropriate Data: data that is entered in the wrong field
· Non- conforming data: data that has not been normalised
· Duplicate Data: data that occupies more than one record
· Poor Data Entry: typos, transpositions, and variation in naming and formatting
The impact data decay can have on your organisation:
· Failure of your marketing automated initiatives
· Distorting campaign success metrics
· Dissatisfied sales and distribution channels
· Higher spam counts and un-subscriptions
· Invalid invoice data
· Loss in revenue/ cost to the business from processing errors
Data cleansing is a necessary business function that ultimately helps maintain important business information at an efficient, high-quality level to prevent further problems later down the line. Overall, this service can not only save you money but maintain your reputation and save you time. Cleaner data is better for your businesses future.
You may be thinking, but how do I find out if I have a data cleansing problem? We at JEM can help with that. We offer a free of charge, no obligation mini pilot to identify which of your records need to be cleansed.
To find out more about how data cleansing can help your business and what data cleansing services we offer, then please call us on 01933 271717 or visit our website here.